It’s a dream of many young people to be professional in every branch. Especially football that the whole world is watching is the dream of all the children playing football.
However, to be a professional player after a certain stage it’s not enough just to play football. You will understand this much better when you become older. Although being a football player may seem like a profession, KPSS or school education licenses do not need a diploma. However, after becoming a football player, you will be given a license from the Football Federation in your country and the club will keep your license until you have been transferred.
What are the Requirements for Becoming a Professional Footballer?
To become a professional football player certain conditions are required. However, these conditions are not age or similar professional conditions. Let’s write these conditions in substances.
* A person’s believing and trusting in himself: someone who wants to be a professional football player, must believe and trust in himself. No matter how old you are, you can easily become a professional player unless you're older than 40. It may not be a natural talent, not even in every football player. But those who trust themselves are advantageous. Trust yourself and believe in yourself by engaging in motivational tasks. Don't forget that the secret of successisbelief.
* A person should be committed to this path and be prepared for everything: dedication does not mean football at all. To prepare oneself for this and all difficulties on his way to becoming a professional player means to be ready for anything. Not only football, but also other social life, success shows that the future will be a much better place. In addition, instead of playing football at all times, it’s necessary to eat regularly, pay attention to your health, and to strengthen your physical sense by paying attention to the sleeping hours. You can further strengthen this physical strength by playing football.
* Be strong and agile: a professional athlete must be strong and agile. For this reason Kemal Ataturk liked sportsmen for being intelligent, agile, ethical and strong. An athlete must be physically and mentally strong. He should be endurable and strong against the competitors on the field by playing the sport without paying any attention to external negative factors in any way, the person always standing shoulder to shoulder combat will be strong. You have to work hard to be strong both physically and psychologically.
* Do individual training: all the professional footballers are trained individually, apart from team training. In this way, it’s ahead of other athletes. Weak aspects should be developed especially in individual training. Such features as: weak feet, weak position and weak pass, shot, speed, fitness view angle, etc. Especially in sports such as football where the fastest wins,it’s necessary to pay attention to the speed during individual training. In one-to-one struggles, how to be more effective, how to increase fitness, how to jump higher, various features such as individual training and self-improvement of the person will come to better places in the professional sense.
* Playing a football match: playing football is always important, even if a person trains and develops himself. It's the same like in profession, can be compared with doing internship after graduating from university. In the same way, a person should play a game often to see his training and development. These may be neighborhood matches or preparation matches. In this way, the footballer will be able to see what he has learned, how he applies, how he develops, how he contributed to the various features on the field rather than during the training, thus he will be able to develop it during individual training by seeing his weaknesses accordingly. So it is very important to make frequent matches.
* Support for development: if a person wants to be a professional football player and develop, he definitelyshould get support. This support can be free and paid football courses held every summer. He can talk to the coaches here and get support on how to improve. In this way, thanks to the lessons and advice given by the trainers, one can develop himself better. You have to give yourself time to develop. Football should also pay attention to his other life as well as his education. Remember that math and analytical thinking improves football skills.
* If you feel ready you definitely should apply to the clubs: to be become a professional footballer does not happen in an instant. However, without protection, acquaintance and money it’s really difficult to become a professional footballer. If you see the benefits of your training in matches and you are getting big applause or you feel ready, you should try and show yourself by going to any football team in your neighborhood. Every summer season, major football clubs choose football players with an audition. By participating in this audition, you can try yourself out and see if you're ready.
If you want to be a professional football player, you must be prepared for everything. You should be ready for many things, such as displacement, change of lifestyle, and staying far from family. Talented players such as Pele and Ronaldo can stay away from their families at early age. They need to be prepared. In addition, whether innate talent or not, you must stay in form, not stay away from the ball, be as successful as possible in your life as well as close to football, be strong in communication and always hungry for development. This allows you to become a qualified professional player. Although it’s difficult to be a football player in our country, for many employees it will necessarily open a door or will be intermittent. You should remember to make the most of every chance you have. If you believe in yourself, you must know that you will succeed. Remember, believing is half of success.